My original post asked for suggestions of picture books that contain hidden
pictures. The request was inspired by a previous post about the hidden
pictures  in the book Snowmen at Night. As usual, the LMNET crowd was prompt and
generous  in their replies. Thank you to everyone who responded. Below please find
the  hit:

Nancy Keane's terrific website has its own list:
_http://nancykeane.com/rl/231.htm_ (http://nancykeane.com/rl/231.htm)

SOME SMUG SLUG   by Edwards, Pamela Duncan
Phoebe Gilman books  all have a picture of the Balloon Tree in each of the
books that  followed.http://www.phoebegilman.com/books.html. The Balloon Tree
was her first  book.

Audrey Wood/Don Wood. They have a picture of their son somewhere  in each of
their  books.
http://www.audreywood.com/mac_site/catalog/catalog.htm

In the  Napping house look for the flea that is in a different location on
each of the  page spreads.

Round trip and Reflections by Ann Jonas are  fun.
The Sultan's Snakes by  Turpin
It's a Spoon, not a  Shovel by Caralyn Buehner ...it's a book about manners
that has a question on  each page with multiple choice answers (it reads much
like a picture book). The  answer is always hidden inside the picture.
And the Dish Ran Away  with the Spoon by Susan Stevens Crummel.  There are 17
forks hidden  through out the book.
Santa's Twin by Dean  Koontz has hidden pictures and clues in it.
How about Dinosaur  Island by Max Haynes and Where's Wallace by Knight
(hidden  monkey)
Most of the Marc Brown  Arthur books have his children's names hidden in the
pictures. Look for Tolon,  Tucker, and Eliza. Laurie is his wife and I've seen
her name  too.
"Each Peach Pear Plum"  by Ahlberg
Some of Jerry  Pallotta's alphabet books that are illustrated by Ralph
Masiello have pictures  hidden in them.
Grahame Base's artwork  in Animalia has him hidden in every spread.
All of the Little  Critter books by Mercer Mayer have a mouse and a
grasshopper hidden on each  page, and there is a mouse to look for on all the pages
of
Goodnight Moon.   Also, I believe Chris Van Allsburg puts his dog in each of
his  books?
Hope this is  helpful.
My favorite is The  Eleventh Hour by Graeme Base – hidden mice, secret codes,
math and literature,  beautiful illustrations – a definite must!
Ed Young’s books also  have “hidden pictures” (wolf on almost every page of
Lon Po Po and some fish in  Yeh-Shen).
Hedgie is hidden in  every Jan Brett book.
I am going to read Jan  Brett's Daisy Comes Home to my classes tomorrow, and
I was on her website  tonight. On one page of the website I saw that she has
mountains (in the  pictures of Daisy) with animal shapes in/on them. There are
supposed to be 15  animals in the mountains. Maybe your kids who loved the
snowmen will like to  search for the animals.

Thanks again.

Theresa Haar, Librarian
Washington Drive Primary  School
Centerport, NY 11721