Hi Everyone,
Our school is taking 14 students (from grades 9 to 12) on trip to Berlin, Prague,
Dresden, Munich, Lucerne, and Venice. There is a field trip class that the students
take to prepare for the trip and at the end of it they put together a Travel
Journal complete with a day to day itinerary of what we did on the trip. In
addition each student writes a  2 page research articles  on a topic that is
related to the trip. They don't want the whole focus to be on the Holocaust. We
would also like to have a book that they could all read to give everyone a common
experience. Last year they read Angels and Demons as they went to Rome. in Venice
by Thomas Mann is too difficult and the material inappropriate for our younger
students.
So we are trying to come up with at least 16 topics, materials, books, and movies.
We do have the PBS movie about Venice sinking.
Thanks in advance and I will post a hit if anyone is interested.
Mary

Mary Willen
Teacher Librarian
The Coral Bay School