Thank you all so much for responding to my question about your favorite
quote!  I received a lot of great quotes!  If some are repeats I am
sorry!

Sincerely,
Patricia Hamilton

HIT:
My favorite is by Frederick Douglass: "Once you learn to read, you will
be forever free."

*********************
Mark Twain's: The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over
the man who can't read them.

********************
Books to the ceiling, Books to the sky. My pile of books are a mile
high. How I love them! How I need them! I'll have along beard by the
time I read them. Arnold Lobel

********************
I like using quotes from books i.e.
 "I just want to get to the library."  Hermione, Harry Potter and the
Goblet of Fire p.198
 "Books have to be heavy, because the whole world is in them."  Inkheart
by Cornelia Funke

*************
"I cannot live without books." Thomas Jefferson

********************
This is my own. I have it written in three big posters across the back
wall
of my elementary library.
The first poster reads:
"Magic means to change"
The second poster reads:
"Reading changes lives"
The third poster reads:
"Reading is Magic!"

**********************
"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to
stop reading them."-- Ray Bradbury

***********************
"Books can be dangerous. The best ones should be labeled - "This could
change your Life"  (Helen Exley)

***********************
Literature gives us a memory of lives we did not lead.
Mason Cooley

**********************
The more you read,
the more you know.
The more you know,
the smarter you grow.
The smarter you grow,
the stronger your voice,
when speaking your mind
or making your choice.

************************
Jefferson:  I cannot live without books.
There are a couple of books published with quotes from famous people
(and not so famous) on books and reading.

************************
Walt Disney:
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on
Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main... and best of
all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life.

Harper Lee: "Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One
does not love breathing.

Patricia Hamilton
Ritchie Elementary
New Baltimore, VA