The time is past but I would like to be prepared for the future.

A teacher would like to show or at least let her students listen to the
"dream" speech in its entirety as given by King in 1963. I have been able to
find it to listen to on the web, but not to buy. I believe it is copyright
protected, but my assistant librarian says he believes once a speech has
been given in public it is part of public domain and we may download and
keep a copy. Again, we want the ENTIRE speech. Excerpts are easy to come by,
but not the whole "performance", if you will.

Any opinions on copyright? Carol Simpson want to weigh in?
Any sources anyone has found?

Rebecca Endlich
Librarian
Edmonds-Woodway High School