As usual, many experts help us all:

In case any of you were wondering, it is copyrighted and there is a video
which can be purchased:

I noticed your posting on LMNET.  And just thought I'd let you know that we
(Library Video Company) sell a video that contains the entire "I Have a
Dream Speech".  It's in stock and the price is $14.95:
Here it is on our website:
http://www.libraryvideo.com/product.asp?sku=D1604
<http://www.libraryvideo.com/product.asp?sku=D1604>

Tricia Nielsen
Customer Service Manager
tricia@libraryvideo.com
Library Video Company
(800) 843-3620
www.libraryvideo.com
 OR:

I have a video called Martin Luther King "I have a dream" from MPI Home
Video.  Running time is 25 minutes.  c1988.
http://www.mpihomevideo.com <http://www.mpihomevideo.com>

OR:

You can purchase the speech. It is on the "Martin Luther King
Commemorative Collection" video cassette offered by Library Video
Company.

OR:
Someone asked about purchasing a cassette of this speech yesterday and this
answer just came across the list this morning.  Here's the text of the
message:

The really good news, Linda, is that the nonprofit "The Martin Luther King,
Jr. Papers Project" is housed at Stanford.  In addition to providing the
text of some important speeches, the project sells cassette tapes for $5.00
with the proceeds supporting "the mission of The King Center in educating
the world about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s philosophy and methods of
nonviolence in order to create the Beloved Community."

In addition to sales, the project has the text of frequently requested
speeches and sermons, as well as audio clips, biographical information in
the context of major events and an interactive timeline, lesson plans,
classroom resources and photographs.

http://www.stanford.edu/group/King/index.htm
<http://www.stanford.edu/group/King/index.htm>

Take the time to explore this with your special ed teacher - it's too good
an opportunity to show that you are more than a order clerk - you're a "
Resourceress" (a la Laura Pearle).

Also, if your special ed teacher works with emergent readers, take a look at
Knowledge Quest's latest themed issue on "Early Literacy."

Best wishes.

Debbie Abilock, Editor
Knowledge Quest
http://www.ala.org/aasl/kqweb/ <http://www.ala.org/aasl/kqweb/>