Dear cyber friends: Our new Tech dept head is talking about putting Linux machines
in our schools and I know nothing about this operating system but based on his
comments I am worried about what it will do to our ability to use the machines in a
 productive manner - having students work on individual projects to produce
powerpoint presentations etc.  If you know anything about how this system works or
if you have it in your schools or on your home machines I would appreciate your
opinion.  Thank you

Jean Lowery, LMS, Ph.D.
Bishop Woods School
New Haven, CT