I am planning to read aloud to groups of third and fourth graders during the
fifteen-minutes before their checkout time (30 minute class period) next week.
 I would appreciate any suggestions for books appropriate for this age level
that could be read in fifteen minutes or less.  I hate to put this kind of
restriction on the activity, but I am student teaching and do not determine
the scheduling of classes.  Some of the topics that are popular with this
group include horses, mermaids, myths and legends in general, anything funny,
and anything scary.  I have a few titles in mind, but am interested in what
you all would suggest.  Thanks in advance.

Amy Self
School of Information Sciences
University of Tennessee--Knoxville
aself@utk.edu