Aussies aren't the only ones who prefer to purchase
paperbacks. I've had such limited budgets the past few
years (the $900 I have this year for print materials
is the most I've had in three years!), that it's hard
to justify spending approximately $20 for books if I
don't have to. If it's a non-fiction book that ties in
with the curriculum, it's usually only available in
library binding. But most of my fiction I now purchase
is in paperback. In addition to the cost, I've found
that most students prefer reading paperback books. If
kids come in to my library and are just browsing for
books, they usually go to the paperback section. I'm
even moving some of my non-fiction paperbacks, such as
biographies, into my paperback section, where they're
more likely to get read.

=====
David Bilmes, LMS
Schaghticoke Middle School
New Milford, CT
bilmesd@new-milford.k12.ct.us
dudu4tigers@snet.net

"Wars never hurt anybody except the people who die."

Salvador Dali