Those of you buying paperbacks and covering them with Kapco and reinforcing
them, when do you find the time? Have you considered how much you are adding
to the cost of the $5 paperback when adding these reinforcement materials?
Don't forget the value of the time you spend getting them ready. I buy class
sets of paperbacks for the reading teachers and it will take me months to
get them all covered, and that's with the help of volunteers. I think
paperbacks are probably great at the high school level, but in intermediate
school, we want to buy books that will last. I buy the most popular series
and authors from Bound to Stay Bound. I even buy some prebound from Follett
and Sagebrush. I just can't justify having to buy the same Hank the Cowdog
or Time Warp Trio titles over and over again.

Sandra Carswell, Librarian
Lovett Ledger Intermediate
Copperas Cove, TX  76525

sandracarswell@hotmail.com