Hi everyone,
I missed the first few posts about this topic, but the last few reminded me of a
conversation I had with a visiting author a few years ago.

We asked him to sign a library copy of one of his books, and he looked it over very
closely, remarking that said book was actually a paperback that the jobber had
bound in its own cover.  His royalties were based on the paperback price, which he
said was about 6 cents!

I now make sure that whenver an author is visiting that I have a hardcover copy of
the book to be signed for the library, and not a jobber-bound one, which if what he
told me was true, certainly cuts down on their profits.  (And I'd rather the money
go to the author and not the jobber!)

Any comments would be appreciated.

Janice Raspen
Librarian