The titles listed below are ones I have received from a number of lm_netters.  I
have not checked them out yet.

--We have Ghost brother by Adler and Skateboard Champion by Packard

--Just read an extremely funny novel by Gary Paulson - "How Angel Peterson Got His
Name"
Set post-WWII (1950s), it's about the "extreme sports" adventures of a
group of 13 year-old boys. (This is, of course, before the term "extreme
sports" was coined; also sans safety equipment.) Other sports in the story
include bungee jumping, bicycle jumps/tricks, para-sailing...
 My 22-yr-old son read a couple of chapters, he also found it very entertaining.

 --The Edge by Ben Bo is snowboarding appropriate for middle school.

--I pulled these off this list a few months ago, and I can't speak to any of these
personally.
        Extreme sports "How Angel Paterson Got His Name" by Gary Paulsen is
hilarious and funny.
 Skateboarding
        Tribute to Dead Rock Star
        Matt Christopher book called "Skateboard Renegade."

Snowboarding
        "The Extreme Mysteries" has snowboarding, wakeboarding, and other extreme
sports

extreme sports series
        Snowboard Twist by Jean Craighead George.
        The Edge by Ben Bo
Thanks for the suggestions.
Susan
--