I realise this discussion has been going on for a while, but after the last
comments, wanted to put my two cents worth in.  I have read the Left Behind books,
and in the end, quit reading them --not because of their content, which I found
interesting, but because I found them preachy, heavy-handed, and poorly written.  I
don't mind message books -- in fact, that is usually a plus for a book, that there
are ideas to be ferreted out and contemplated.  But, I do not like being pounded
over the head with a philosophy or point of view, and that is what these books do.
One of the most obvious parable books is The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, and
I have no objections to it at all, because it is well written, and does not preach.
 The same can not be said of the Left Behinds!  I decided against the books on
their literary quality, and based on that alone, and our mission to provide good
literature for our students, I would not recommend their inclusion in a school
library.

                    Linda L.
Linda Lucke
Learning Center Director
Butterfield School
Libertyville, IL
Llucke@d70.k12.il.us

Happy are those who have learned to laugh at themselves, for they shall never lack
for amusement!