     Iam a retired high school librarian but I still subscribe to LM_Net to
keep up with the library world.  Getting rid of discarded books was always a
problem.  For the last several years I have been involved with our local
AAUW book sale.  We usually have many paperbacks that do not sell and that
we can't even give away.  This year we found that we could put them in the
reycycling containers around the town that will take newspapers, magazines,
catalogs, junk mail and paperbacks.  At least they are not on the landfill.
This recycling service has just started in the last year and I don't believe
it is local.  I don't know the name but if anyone is interested I will  look
on the container the next time I drop off my magazines.

Elizabeth Stanford
Retired from Unioto High School
Chillicothe, OH
camelot5@adelphia.net