I have a book club this year with some second graders that read on a high
level. We will be reading Mailing May in February and I will be doing a Flat
Stanley "type" project with them. We will also be focusing on our letter
writing skills.

I am asking that the parents provide an address of a family member or friend.
I am also going to give the students the option to communicate with a school
(I would provide these addresses).
- Please US schools only

So I am looking for maybe 10 volunteers to help with this project. You may not
be called upon - it just depends on what the kids choose. You will need to do
the following.
* Send me your name and address. You will receive the paper doll and letter at
your school within the next 2 - 7 weeks.
* Spend 1-2 weeks with the doll.
* Keep a journal of what the doll does while on vacation. (Nothing fancy)
* Take and send pictures of the doll doing something or hanging out with a
class.
* Send the doll, pictures, and journal back to our school.
* 1 letter from the class or group that had the doll.
* If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

We will be tracking the adventures on a US Map and displaying some of the
pictures and letters.

I appreciate the help! I will post once I have about 10 names so you'll know
I'm full.

Thanks!

Shannon Minner
Murfreesboro, TN