I'm hoping that some people who are more familiar with Chicago than I am
and who have more ALA experience than I do, might have some hotel
suggestions.

The hotels downtown look so far away from the exhibit hall.  Will there
be meetings in the building with the exhibits or are the exhibits the
only thing there?  If all meetings are in hotels, would AASL meetings
tend to be in the same hotel?  And if so, which one?  I am familiar with
the Gale Shuttles.  (You gotta love Gale!)

This will be a combo conference/vacation for me.  So, I will not be
spending all my waking time doing ALA things.  I'll go to meetings I
need to and some sessions.    I will be with a group of retired
librarians who are really going for the Chicago sightseeing experience
and will probably do little of the ALA stuff, so I'm thinking a suite
style hotel might be a good choice.  Cost is always a factor.  Darn.
<G>

Any helpful suggestions or hints will be appreciated.

Chris

Christine Findlay, CRC Director
Centerville City Schools
105 Virginia Ave.