The following are the responses I received to my inquiry about date/time
stamps for library passes.  We actually use planners/agendas as passes
so we will need something that the planners would fit into in order to
put the stamp on the specific date. If anyone has any other ideas,
please let me know.  I have not made a decision yet.  It appears as
though the cost would be about $200-500.
Sue Johnston
CHS Librarian
Aberdeen, SD
sue.johnston@aberdeen.k12.sd.us
*****
I used an old time clock when I was still the librarian in a high
school.  I loved it and it worked great.  Sorry I don't know the make,
model or price.
I scrounged it from my husband's work.  Try your local office supply
store for a used one.
*****
We have a Simplex that was around $500.  Not cheap but our school
demands certain places have these so kids can't "forge" it.  And we have
most of the best kids around!  Always a couple, eh?
Beginning of each month one must use the tool they give you and adjust
the day and month.  Daylight savings time means moving the time.  Thank
goodness for assistants with excellent eyes.
*****
I use one in my library that I picked up at Sam's Club for about $185.
  It is an Amano PIX-15 Electronic Time Recorder... Amano Cincinnati,
Inc. 140 Harrison Ave., Roseland NJ 07068   (800) 253-9836  www.
amano.com  No purchase orders, but they take credit cards and checks.
If you have a Sam's Club, Costco or something like that they would most
likely take POs... ours does.
The time clock is very easy to use, and durable.  In my previous
library, we had one for 4 years and it was still going strong when I
left.
*****
I would be interested in what you find out.  I am interrupted so many
times to sign return passes, that I have been considering a time clock
or something just to be able to get something done besides scrawl a time
and my initials on hall passes!
*****
We use the Amano PIX-10 which cost @$300 back in 1999.  I just looked on
the site Time Clocks USA
<http://www.timeclocksusa.com/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/timeclocks/USAstore.cgi?us
er_action=link&link=mainpage> and I think our model must no longer be
made but I did see the PIX-21 for about the same price.
If you search the site using Amano as the search term, you'll come up
with lots of them.
I like the thing because we're the only ones at the school that use one.
We don't have to sign any passes and no one can argue about the stamp.
We stamp everyone in and then out on the back of the pass.
*****
We bought one from Costco.  They had a great price.  We have to order
the ribbons direct though.  We have had it 3-4 years.  Sometimes little
bits of paper jam it, but we have always been able to open it up, clean,
and get it working again.
[It is a] TCX  11.  I don't remember cost except way cheaper than
through library supply catalogs.  I think it was 50 or 60.  Our teachers
don't really look at the time stamps--but the kids think they do--and so
act much more accountably then they used to.