This last post reminded me of DEAD MAN IN INDIAN CREEK (Mary Downing Hahn),
which has never failed me when booktalking leves 6-8 and students who are
challenged by reading are in my group, also eve Bunting's someone is hinding on
Alcatraz Island (ck spelling).  Of course it always depends on what reading
level you can work with.

Kathleen Fencil
Librarian
McKelvie Middle School