More questions...I'm sorry.

I'm wondering if any of you have specific criteria written for the selection
process of your online databases in your library?  In other words, you have a
selection policy for books, videos, etc., but have you (do you) observe a specific
list of criteria for the online databases that you purchase?  How do you examine
these criteria before you purchase?  Do you make these purchases for your library
or are they chosen for you (district libraries / administrators / etc.)?

Is price of the database the major factor when you make a selection?  Do you
include your teachers in your selection process?  Do you feel there is a need for
specific written criteria for librarians to use---do you have one?

I would be interested if others have written criteria for this area.  You may send
any documents to me directly (or links to the websites where they are contained to
the list).

Any ideas, concerns, questions or comments are welcome.  I'm just looking for
specific criteria for school librarians concerning the selection of databases, but
I'm finding only college librarian selection criteria (which could be used....) I'd
love to know if there are documents written with examples for schools, though!

Thanks!

Shonda Brisco, MLIS
US / Technology Librarian
Fort Worth Country Day School