Kelly,

For those of us who won't be able to make it to Bloomington next week...<grinning
in Texas> would it be possible for you to provide us with some information about
this great idea? (Video Game Fest)

I am just now working on a program for my librarians workshops that incorporates
video games-- "Thinking Outside the X-Box" by integrating and utilizing video games
(and other cool "teen devices") into the Library Media Program.  I'd love to see
what they're doing in Bloomington....and utilize some of the ideas.

If there are links to previous programs, website ideas, or even journal articles
that you know about, I know that there are others out there would probably LOVE to
see them!

Thanks for sharing!

~Shonda

----Just an FYI-the Bloomington Public Library in central IL is having their fifth
video game fest for teens next Friday. As the YA librarian, I have never seen so
many teens attend a program at the library-even before it's started! Also, next
Friday, we're presenting for librarians and educators-if they are interested in
finding out how to put on Game Fests at their school/library. It's from 1:30-3:30p
and you can register here: http://www.alliancelibrarysystem.com/cleo/index.asp

Thinking Inside the Box: Gaming, Teens and Libraries

Are video games and their related programs the next hot trend? Bloomington Public
Library has a good track record in this area and is keen to share their experience.
Join Matt Gullett, Lori Bell and Diane Colletti as they explore the issue and
potential partnerships on Friday, July 15 at the Bloomington Public Library from
1:30-3:30 p.m.

Shonda Brisco, MLIS
US / Technology Librarian
Fort Worth Country Day School