From: "Steven Hofmann" <shofmann@ala.org>
To: <aaslforum@ala.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 11:49 AM
Subject: [AASLFORUM:2027] Possible disaster relief funding for school
libraries

ALA/AASL has been contacted by a funder who is interested in setting up a
fund for school libraries that have been damaged or destroyed by a natural
or man-made disaster.  As part of the exploration, the NEA Foundation has
volunteered to set up a meeting between their staff, our staff, the funder
and AASL member librarians who have been involved in such a disaster.  These
events could include tornados, hurricanes, flooding, fire, vandalism,
earthquakes, mold, ???

Please send me contact information (including SUMMER phone and email) of any
members you know or can find having personal experience in a school
library's disaster and recovery and who would be willing to join a convening
and share their experise.

Please forward names ASAP.  Thanks!

Steven L. Hofmann
Manager, Communications

American Association of School Librarians
a division of the American Library Association
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, Illinois 60611-2795

800-545-2433, ext. 4389
312-280-4389 direct
312-664-7459 fax
shofmann@ala.org
www.ala.org/aasl

Save the date!
AASL 12th National Conference & Exhibition
October 6-9, 2005 in Pittsburgh, PA
www.ala.org/aasl/pittsburgh

--- AASLFORUM mailing list:  ---
To unsubscribe, send a blank email message to unsub-aaslforum@ala.org.  To
with your first and last name as the subject.  Please address any questions
or comments to aasl@ala.org.