About a week ago, I requested your advice for an interview for a high school
position.  As always, I received wonderful suggestions, and I want to express my
thanks once again to everyone who replied to me.  The interview went well, but it's
always hard to tell how things will turn out.  I am happy and excited (and a little
nervous) to report back that I was offered the job and accepted!

It's going to be a wonderful challenge, and I have started researching LM Net
archives for more great advice.  I would still love to hear from any of you who can
share your thoughts what you feel are important things for me to focus on as I
rearrange my thinking from elementary to high school.  Three years ago I went from
eleven years of teaching high school English to being an elementary librarian, so I
am used to working with teenagers, but still I know there are going to be big
differences in the way the library operates.

The high school has a very good AP Program and will start IB this year.  During the
interview some of the IB teachers expressed a desire for me to help them find good
resources for their students in the core courses, especially.  If you have an IB
program and can suggest good research sources, print, online databases, etc., I
would love to hear from you.

I will be operating without a clerk or aide, although I think I can get at least
one high school student as a helper.  And, I will be monitoring the computer lab as
well, so I really want to get a good system going.

Thanks in advance for your wonderful wisdom!

Vicki Nelson
Odessa, Texas