Hi Carol and anyone else who might be interested,

Just a suggestion but my kids absolutely LOVE the Arthur chapter books.  They
are the same Marc Brown characters as in the picture books.  They are
actually written by Stephen Krensky and not Marc Brown but the series title is "Marc
Brown Arthur Chapter Books."  I think there are about 32 of them.  Titles
include, Arthur and the Nerves of Steel, Arthur Loses His Marbles, Arthur and the
Bad-Luck Brain for example.  They are wildly popular and I can't keep them on
the shelves.  The Animal Ark series are popular too.

You didn't mention what reading level/age group you were looking for but the
series you mentioned having are of more interest to younger kids.  If you are
considering things a tad more challenging/older then try some of the
following:

Beany books by Susan Wojciechowski include Beany (not Beanhead) and the Magic
Crystal, Beany Goes to Camp, and Beany and the Dreaded Wedding (sort of Junie
B. Jones-ish but a level up reading wise)

Fairy Realm and Rowan of Rin Series--both by Emily Rodda (Fantasy)

The Spiderwick Chronicles--by Tony DiTerlizzi (another boy pleaser!)

Heartland series--by Lauren Brooke (Horses, horses, horses--for older girls
Grades 4-6, maybe even 7)

Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice and the Star Wars: Jedi Quest series are winners!
But be prepared, boys will cluster around the shelf and argue over them!

The Warriors series by Erin Hunt starts with Into the Wild wherein a tame
house cat ventures into the world of feral cats and discovers four tribal clans
who do not like each other.  Valuable themes of family, friendship,
responsibility in an action packed fantasy.  I believe there are 6 books total so
far and
I highly recommend them!  I just discovered and bought these books at the end
of the year and the word-of-mouth grapevine must have spread quickly as I had
a waiting list for them right up until the last day of school.  Both boys and
girls loved them.  They are really for about 5th and 6th grade level readers
though (they're thick books too but the kids are fine with that--they love
them--sort of the Harry Potter phenomena where thick equals desirable for a
change.  Ha!)

Anyway, hope this helped a bit.

Heather Norris
Lane Elementary School