All you need to do is click the edit tab at the top of the article. Some
articles will have some code if the displayed article is fancy (tables,
sidebars, images, etc). In that case, you'll need to poke around looking
for the text that needs to change.

Then make necessary changes.

Hit Save page at bottom. If you are doing big changes, it is a good idea
to use the show preview button.

Or, hilite and copy entire article, paste to wordpad or Word or
OpenOffice and do a find search for text. Then, hilite and copy, then
paste back to wikipedia. Then hit Save page.

I would recommend playing in the sandbox
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sandbox> a bit first. If it is
percieved you are changing thngs maliciously, your IP can be blocked.

Or, for a source with better authority
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:How_to_edit_a_page>

And don't forget to cite your source! Or make a note in the discussion
page about why you made the change.

Wikipedia is very aware of that issue: "Cite your sources
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Cite_your_sources> so others can
check and extend your work. Most Wikipedia articles currently lack good
references, and this contributes to Wikipedia's single greatest
criticism – that it is not a reliable source. Please help by researching
online and print resources to find references for the article you are
working on, then cite them in proper form, and consider in-text citation
for contentious facts. There is no consensus on the best way to do that,
but anything is better than nothing. You can either use in-text citation
in academic form such as (Example, 2004, pp 22-23) or as a superscript^1
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Fact_and_Reference_Check>
to a footnote that you place at the end of an article...."
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:How_to_edit_a_page#Tips_on_editing_Wikipedia_articles>

Robert Eiffert
Librarian, Pacific MS  Vancouver WA
pac.egreen.wednet.edu/library beiffert@egreen.wednet.edu