I bought a new eMachine a couple of months ago, as my 5-year-old HP was
really slowing down.  I tried everything I could think of to get the HP
to perk up, but it continued to give me problems.  At times it worked
fine, but most of the time, it staggered and stumbled along and froze up
so frequently that I decided I had just wasted way too much time on it.
Now here is my question.......
First, I put an extra Maxtor hard drive in the old machine and put some
videos on it, videos that I want to edit but did not get around to
doing.  Also, I think the Maxtor is a FAT32 drive....
The eMachine has an NTFS hard drive in it, but I do have an external
FAT32 drive connected to the new computer with no problemos.
Actually, I have two questions.
1)  Should I put an FAT32 drive in the eMachine?  (I have no idea
whether it makes any difference if there are two internal drives (one
FAT32 and the other NTFS) or not.
2)  I have done absolutely NOTHING with the Maxtor in the HP except dump
the videos (old digitized super8 movies, of ours) onto it.
But.........is it risky business to remove it from the HP and to put it
into the eMachine?
Any opinions on this?

Gordon Walter
Retired AGWSR School Librarian