Hi folks,

MEMO, the Minnesota Educational Media Organization, is trying an all
workshop format at this year's annual conference instead of offering the
traditional 45-60 minute breakout sessions. By doing so, we are hoping to
give those asking for staff development funds another means of persuasion ­
not ³I want to go to this conference² but ³I want to participate in these
workshops.² (I'll let you know if it works!)

As a result, several of our presenters have contacted me expressing concern
over the longer format. (What will I do for 2 1/2 hours?!!!) Since many of
us do workshops for our peers both at conferences and in our schools, I
thought some people on LM_Net might find this little document useful as
well.

Read it if you want some ideas (or just need a chuckle.)

Anyway, for what itıs worth, it can be found at
<http://www.doug-johnson.com/dougwri/sw.htm>.

I know many of you are already dynamite workshop presenters and if you have
some techniques _you_ have used to make workshops effective, please send
them to me and I will append them to the document.

As Maya Angelou says, ³Iıve learned that I have a lot to learn.² Ainıt it
the truth?

All the very best,

Doug (Conference Chair) Johnson

Director of Media and Technology
Mankato Area Public Schools
Box 8713, 1351 S Riverfront Dr.
Mankato MN 56001-8714
507-387-7698 x 473
dougj@doug-johnson.com
www.doug-johnson.com

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments
that take our breath away." -- George Carlin