Check the National Park Services website for lists of free publications that can be
downloaded, as well as lesson plans that are available.  There are hundreds of
great resources that can be found there and used for your project.  Here is a link
to the National Park Service:  http://www.nps.gov/

Specific publications are also listed for each park.

For example, Yellowstone has some listed here:
http://www.nps.gov/yell/publications/index.htm

Here is an example of one specific group of activities for the Antietam National
Battlefield: http://www.nps.gov/anti/educat.htm

And finally, here is a listing of all the National Parks with each site offering
history, activities, and more publications:
http://data2.itc.nps.gov/parksearch/atoz.cfm

Have fun!

~Shonda

Shonda Brisco, MLIS
US / Technology Librarian
Fort Worth Country Day School
Fort Worth, TX
sbrisco@fwcds.org
>>> Valaina Maher <vmaher@ROCHESTER.RR.COM> 07/29/05 7:34 AM >>>
I want to do a unit on the National Parks.  I could use some great
nonfiction resources.  I'm going to team them with some fiction books such
as the mysteries set in the National Parks by National Geographic, I
think.  I would appreciate any nonfiction ideas on books and materials that
deal with the National Parks.

Thanks,

Valaina Maher
Librarian