I received several responses on jigsaw puzzles and a request for a hit.  Most were
pay versions, but were in the $20 range with a free preview.  One was freeware and
seems to be a good program.  I have tested it a little and you can enter your own
pictures or use one that comes with it.  You can choose the number of pieces from
15 to 792 pieces and can change the background texture, rotate the pieces or not
and have the puzzle done in black and white or leave your picture in color.

It does take a few seconds to load since it has 25 puzzles already stored in the
program and it has to load all of them and then the ones you add.  The program says
it may be freely distributed and loaded on as many computers as you wish, so you
could load it and then load another copy on a different computer and delete the
original puzzles so it would speed up loading.  The program is Jigsaw Puzzle Lite
and its web site is http://www.kraisoft.com/puzzle-games/jigsaw/.

Others recommended included puzzles from the following sites:

http://www.download.com/Jigsaw-Puzzle-Promo-Creator/3000-2111_4-6535089.html
http://freebies.about.com/cs/freesoftware/a/jigsawpuzzles.htm
http://www.free-jigsaws.com/index.html

Platinum  Oberon media

MSN games

http://arcade.about.com/game.htm?code=110253340&RefId=108

I have deleted the names of those who sent the sites as I did not ask for
permission to quote, but should have.  Most just sent sites with only a short
comment and I am only sending the sites, so that should cover copyright as the
sites could be found with a google search, but takes longer.

The one I am testing had good reviews at cnet's download.com site - both from
reviewers and some users although there was one very negative review from a user.

Carl Seale, Librarian -- Retired
cbseale@sbcglobal.net
http://www.antiquesnthings.net

Practice safe eating - always use condiments.