I made a big switch a couple of years ago to using 398.2 followed by
the first 3 letters of a standardized title...so all of my various
versions (not fractured, though as they are in fiction/everybody) of
Cinderella have a 398.2 Cin on them...including The rough face girl,
Egyptian Cinderella and Cinder Lad. I have done the same thing with
Stone Soup, Bone Button Borscht, etc., all under 398.2 Sto. Not
everything has been done at this point, but when I find that I have
different versions I put them together. Students and teachers seem to
like this as it is easy to make a selection from all of the
Cinderellas or to easily pick up all of the various versions of Stone
Soup.

If memory serves me correctly I have done:
LIttle Red Riding Hood
Goldilocks and the three bears
Three little pigs
John Henry
Paul Bunyon
Rumplestiltskin

There are more I'm sure, but can't remember them all now.

Barb Engvall
=^..^=

Teacher-Librarian
John Campbell Elem