Thank you, Shonda, Jo, and especially our self-admitted liberal friend Carl,
for bringing some balance to Nancy's first posting.  I admit that having a
college educated son who chose to join the army after college (not because it was
his only way to get to college) and having just lost my wonderful 30 year
veteran of the army father-in-law this past weekend (Memorial Day weekend, how
appropriate) and having spent part of Memorial Day yesterday at my father's
grave in Arlington National Cemetery, Nancy's posting got my hackles up. It was
heartening to see that there are others out there who could respond in a calm
and unemotional manner to a very biased post allowing me to just say  . . .
Thank you all.

Heather Norris
Anthony T. Lane Elementary School
Alexandria, VA.