I got these from <http://www.quotations.com>:

When I step into this library, I cannot understand why I ever step out
of it.
Marie de Sevigne, O Magazine, December 2003

My library
Was dukedom large enough.
William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616), "The Tempest", Act 1 scene 2

A library is an arsenal of liberty.
Unknown

I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.
Jorge Luis Borges (1899 - 1986)

No place affords a more striking conviction of the vanity of human
hopes than a public library.
Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I
go to the library and read a good book.
Groucho Marx (1890 - 1977)

The books we read should be chosen with great care, that they may be,
as an Egyptian king wrote over his library, "The medicines of the soul."
Paxton Hood

Janice M. Askew
Media Coordinator
T. S. Cooper Elem.