Original Post

This question for elementary schools of approx. 500
students only.  I don't need this information for
anything other than my curiosity, but I'd like to know
how my circulation compares to other schools of this
size. We circulated 20200 items during the 2003-4
school year.  Would you share your total circulation
figures with me? Either last year or this year?

I've listed the number of students per building, (AR)
if the librarian indicated that Accelerated Reader is
used in the school and number of circulated items. The
results were interesting and I suspect many of the
schools with high figures are indeed AR schools. I
have an idea of the circulation for the schools around
my area (PA) but wanted info from other areas as well.
I am only open 3.5 days of the week and hope to really
boost next year's figures when we will have this
library open all week. I need to reeducate my teachers
and get them to allow students in the library anytime
classwork permits.

Thanks to all who participated in this very
unscientific request.

Barb

567 Students (AR) 52857
478                                                    19398
550                                                    42000+
500                           24000+/-
570                           29000
451                           20684
500+                         25000+
550                            121382
450             (AR)      38809
650                           30931
550                            22432
560                            23450
525               (AR)   almost 39,000
450                            30000+/-
520                            37019 (past years
ranged from 31,505 to
                              45,797 with summer
school effecting the #s.)
500+                          20200 +/-
527                             47832
440                             86437
300               (AR)      51000
710                              57000+

Barbara Fritz, Elementary Librarian (K-5)Bloomsburg Area School District Bloomsburg
Pennsylvania  fritzlibrary@yahoo.com

Discover Yahoo!