Netters:

I've checked into Thomas about HR 2295 and so can you - go to:

http://thomas.loc.gov/bss/d109query.html

and put - hr 2295 - in the search box and all the info will come up

It appears that Rep Walter B. Jones, Jr. is the one and ONLY sponsor of
this bill (as of now) - that fact alone is significant - if others don't
join in on the bandwagon...it will go away for sure. For more info on him:

http://tinyurl.com/7sqj8

The bill has been referred to the Subcommittee on Education Reform which
is under the House Education and Workforce committee. To see who makes
up these committees:

HE & W:  http://tinyurl.com/cq3js
ER:  http://tinyurl.com/8m86c

Should you want to contact any of these reps and add your $.02, please
do so, even if they aren't your specific rep.

 From the little I did to get a resolution through the joint houses of
Congress five years ago...I can only guess what an uphill struggle this
bill will have. But if the press jumps on board (and it might if more
locations have issues - NY Times mention today), things could escalate.
SO, do your part and contact your rep or a rep from your area and let
them know how you feel.

--
Jody Newman