I have been following the discussion on this subject. Since my school is
one who's mission is to service the dependents of U.S. military members, we
may have a slightly different outlook. Many of our students do join the
military, but then theyalso have a pretty good idea of what they are
getting into. Still I try to have books on both sides.

One person wrote about what books are available on an older level that deal
with military service as opposed to books about the weapons such as tanks.
Here are some that I have that do get used. I would be interested in titles
you may have that present the other side. Some of my titles are "tutorials"
for the ASVAB test. Since I also have similar books for the SAT and ACT as
well as some of the AP tests, I don't see why to exclude ASVAB stuff.

Call # 355 All
Author Allport, Alan,
Title American military policy /
Chelsea 2004 0791074889
Summary Presents arguments for and against the United States' role as
global
policeman, the reduction of our nuclear arsenal, and the need for a
ballistic missile defense shield.

Call # 355 BUD
Author Budahn, P. J.
Greenwood 2000 0313310033
Title What to expect in the military :
Summary    Provides detailed information about serving in the military
including boot camp,
veteran's benefits, and long-term military careers.

Call # 355 HOW
Title How to prepare for the ASVAB, Armed Services Vocational Aptitude
 Battery /
Barrons 2003 0764120433
Summary Study guidelines including practice exams and review material for
the ASVAB--Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery.

Call # 355 OST
Author Ostrow, Scott A.
Title ASVAB :
Arco 2002 0768910277
Summary Provides four full-length practice ASVAB tests and helpful hints on
how to take the test for individuals preparing to enter a service of the
military.

Call # 355 OST
Author Ostrow, Scott A.
Title Guide to joining the military /
Arco 2000 0764561898
Summary Presents advice on what to expect when you enlist in the military
and includes information on opportunities within each of the five military
brances, pay and benefits, and tips on how to talk with a recruiter.

Deborah J. Stafford
Gen. H.H. Arnold High School
Wiesbaden Germany
now proudly on the web at http://www.wies-hs.eu.dodea.edu