Our district uses a Professional Practice Rubric to evaluate all
professional staff.  Although it is usuable as an evaluation tool for a
librarian - it concentrates only on our role as teachers, leaving out a
lot of what librarians do.  I would like to take the existing rubric for
teachers and add a few categories.  Do any of you already have a
librarian's rubric they could share with me?  Ot point me to one on the
internet....

Here is what I have done so far.  I have added the general categories
that I need - but not the indicators that should be included under each
category.  I can use Information Power - but the indicators listed there
will have to be condensed.  I am hoping that someone will have already
done this.  Please let me know.   I will be happy to share my final
product.  Thanks!!

Here are the categories I have so far:

The following Categories are in our current teacher rubric:.  I am
including the indictors under the first category only - just so you have
an idea of what I mean by indicators.

CONTENT KNOWLEDGE
__ Teachers appreciate how knowlege in thier subject is created,
organized and linked to other disciplines.
__ Teachers command specialized knowledge of how to convey a subject to
students.
__ Teachers generate multiple paths to knowlege.
__ Teachers msintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in the specific
content area or areas taught and in methods of instruction and
assessment.
(all indicators are scored as either emerging or in place on a
continuum of 1 through 4

INSTRUCTION

CURRICULUM

LEARNING THEORY

LEARNING ENVIRONMENT

STUDENT ASSESSMENT

TECHNOLOGY

LEADERSHIP

Right now I am thinking of modifying the last category plus add 2 other
categories:

LEADERHIP/INSTRUCTIONAL COLLABORATION, CONSULTATION AND SUPPORT

COLLECTION DEVELOPMENT

LIBRARY MANAGEMENT

Any ideas for 3-5 indicators for just these 3 last catagories?

Jacquie

"The Librarian, whose job is to heal ignorance, to keep life safe for
poetry and to put knowledge smack dab in the middle of the American
way."

From The Philadelphia Inquirer, 9-20-03
Jacquie Henry, MLS
Ruben A. Cirillo High School (GHS)