Does anyone know of a free program that will open text files from recent
versions of Works?  Star Office does great with Word but will not open
Works files any better the MS Office does (except for very old
versions).  It does not have to be particularly user friendly or have
lots of bells and whistles, just be able to open the files so we could
print or copy and paste to Word or Star Office.  I want it as a last
resort to help those kids who don't listen when I talk about Word vs.
Works and won't take advantage of the free Star Office and Open Office
programs.  We use the "Recover Text from Any File" option in Word but it
doesn't do a very good job.
--
----
Tony Doyle, Librarian