If you are willing to share your school's summer reading list -- or some good, tried
and true titles -- please send it/them to me. We are trying to update the list for
our
8th grade. Many of the students read well above reading level, some read at level,
some read below. We're looking for classics, drama, comedy, non-fiction, and newer
authors in almost any topic (science, art, history, etc.)

Some of the new, more challenging titles we are thinking about adding to the list
are: The Joy Luck Club, by Amy Tan; Girl with a Pearl Earring, by Tracy Chevalier;
Tuesdays with Morrie, by Mitch Albom; Me Talk Pretty One Day, by David Sedaris;
The Odd Couple, by Neil Simon; Hiroshima, by John Hersey.

Thank you!
Colette Lageoles
NYC Lab School
333 West 17th Street