Let me hop onto Cindy's message and encourage you to nominate for ALA
Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults. We are now accepting nominations.
Please check the ALA site to nominate - notice the criteria for titles, etc.

http://www.ala.org/ala/yalsa/booklistsawards/popularpaperback/nominatetitle.
htm

Criminal Elements, fiction and nonfiction about teens who find themselves in
opposition to or on the wrong side of the law as well as stories about lives
affected by encounters with the legal system, gangs, law enforcement, and
prison.

Books That Don't Make You Blush:  No Dirty Laundry Here, fiction and
nonfiction that is wholesome in nature as well as popular.

Disease, fiction and non fiction about how diseases, disorders, and other
general health-related symptoms affect our lives, from medical thrillers and
disease of the weekpotboilers, to books about mental illness, OCD, autism,
and eating disorders.

GLBTQ, this list will revisit the 1997 PPLA Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and
Transgendered list, updating it with a more contemporary viewpoint (adding
the "Q" for questioning) and availing itself of the wealth of new fiction
and nonfiction available on the subject.

Allan (Chair, Books that don't make you blush)

Dr. Allan O'Grady Cuseo (Brother Donogh Allan, MGC)
Bishop Kearney High School Library
125 Kings Highway South
Rochester, New York 14617

585-342 - 4000 x231
585-342 - 4694  (FAX)

acuseo@bkhs.org

Education in the tradition of the Christian Brothers and the School Sisters
of Notre Dame
FAC OMNIA BENE (Do all things well)

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION: The information contained in this
electronic transmission, and any documents attached hereto, may contain
confidential information that is legally privileged and confidential. The
information is intended only for the use of the recipients (s) named above.
If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify the
sender and delete the electronic message. Any disclosure, copying,
distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of the
information received in error is strictly prohibited.