One of the language teachers at my school signed up for three 90 minute blocks in
the library for the next three days while she is on the student trip to Germany.
Sadly, the assignment she has left with the substitute is "write a one page paper
on French/German culture due Monday".  As we all know, this is a recipe for a large
group of bored students taking up space in the library.

I spoke to the sub who said he had no problem with showing a foreign language film
that illustrated "French culture" or "German culture".  It needs to be appropriate
for high school.

I was thinking of Jean de Florette for France, but if anyone knows of somthing that
is less of a period piece I would love to know about it.

I loved  The Nasty Girl  for Germany, but it might be nice to show a German film
that shows Germany in a good light.

In other news - I was offered the job at this library for September so I will no
longer be interim librarian!

Thanks for your help-

Barb Fecteau -

librarian