Last night for our reader across america celebration my 4-6th graders put on a skit
for k-1 kids and their families.  It did not go well for reason I will not bore you
with but one comment my principal made was in the selection for Qwerty stevens,
Edison Mystery by Dan Gutman Barbara who suddenly appears before Edison Muckers and
is hooted at says "Stop it you sexist pigs" I for the sake of the skit dropped
sexist but my boss didn't think it was "g" rated enough because he objected to the
word pigs.

Now he wants to screen every skit I do.  I am not comfortable with this.  This is
the first disagreement about appropriate subject matter we've had in 5 years.

I did not object when he said this because I want to respond thoughtfully.  I've
thought of supplying him with the skit's script, the original passage and reviews
of the book but I could use any ideas you might have.

Any suggestions?

--
Kristina Fallon, librarian
Robert Morris School