Sunflower

Our Internet is set to block anything with the word "mail" in it.  For instance, we
cannot look up the definition of "mail" on the Alabama Virtual Library.  We cannot
go to the U. S. Postal Service web site and click on the link that tells you how to
package "mail."  When we are on a site that allow you to email someone on that
site, we are denied the privilege of clicking on the "email" link.  We always get a
screen that says "Organizational Policies Prohibit Access to this Site."  Our best
guess is that our techie has blocked this word to keep students and/or staff from
accessing home email accounts.  Still, that is going a little far, don't you think?
 We are not allowed to do any unblocking ourselves.  We are required to request
permission from the techie to get the site/link unblocked.  It is a lot of trouble!

Kathy Edmondson, NBCT
Library Media Coordinator
L. B. Sykes Lanett Jr. High School
Lanett, AL