Does anyone have a source for a stapler and three hole punch that has a chain
attached to prevent theft?  You know, sort of like how you can't just walk off with
bank pens.

I have seen this done (of course, i can't remember where), so it MUST exist
somewhere.

We no longer keep these items at our public desks because of the theft problem, but
I would like to be able to have them in my Ya area for my kids (the kids, BTW,
always make a point of returning things--it's the adults who are the problem).

Just last week, a lady asked me if she could use our stapler, and I explained that
due to theft, we no longer keep one at the desk.

Five minutes later, she approaches my co-worker, who was sitting right next to me
and says, "She told me you no longer have a stapler I could use.  Is that true?"

I felt like saying, "Right, Lady, I woke up this morning determined to deny you use
of a stapler.  In fact, keeping you from a stapler has been my life-long ambition.
I can now die happy."

As that great philosopher, Charlie Brown, said, "Good Grief."

Dawn M. Sardes
Teen Services Librarian
Euclid Public Library
Euclid, OH