Hello,

My original question was whether or not there's a school discount rate any better
than the $6/week surface mail delivery of the Sunday only national edition of the
New York Times.

Here are the responses I received.  Thanks to all.

Our school subscribes to the Christian Science Monitor instead of the New York
Times because it's cheaper and the teachers find it to be a more objective source
of information.  It runs about $85 for a 9-month subscription, 5 days per week.

I searched the universe (fruitlessly) for a jobber that might offer a discount on
the Sunday Times. They all explained to me that NYTimes never gives them a discount
on mail delivery, so they can't offer us one.
I found two options - a local magazine/newspaper supplier to the pharmacies and
grocery stores said they would deliver one to us (if we had a drop box)
..........or the local drugstore (within a few blocks of school) offered to hold
our copy there and our mail courier could pick it up on his way to the post office
each day.
$1.50 vs $6.......!

Try their home delivery, I receive it much less than that.

Tell your teacher to forget it.
He should just have his students use the free online version.  Once a
computer has been registered w the Times, the websites automatically
opens all of its contents to the user, whether he is from first period
or third or whatever.
www.nytimes.com

--
Diane Averett/Librarian