Buckeye Hello!

From time to time we discuss those piles of National Geographics we all want
rid of. I think I've found an excellent solution at my school. Since our
state has no coordinated plan for dealing with discards from school
libraries, I feel very guilty about throwing anything into the landfill. I
am not allowed to sell any discards, but I am allowed to give away discards.

I sent an e-mail to all staff members offering to pull National Geographics
if they sent a list of specific months and years. I suggested these
magazines would make wonderful birthday gifts.  I got an immediate response
and was able to get rid of about fifty. Yes, I stayed after school and will
do so many times more, but it is worth it. I didn't make the announcement
until 3:30, so I expect I'll have more orders when I arrive at school
tomorrow.

Ada G. Kent, Librarian

Ohio School for the Deaf

500 Morse Road