I am not taking a stand on this title - as I have not read it.... I wish the
district well which is involved in the controversy.
I don't particularly enjoy Frank as an author anyway. I do notice that several
middle and high schools in my area do own it. I have advocated (and been highly
criticized for such) for the past 40 yrs that I will put no fiction on the shelf
until I had read it and I have evaluated it. Non fiction I scan - content and index
- but fiction I read cover to cover. Even as a reviewer I have always cautioned -
do not rely on reviews - "it is only one person's opinion" - not the truth to end
all truths. I believe that philosophy holds  for anything- reviews in professional
periodicals, ALA lists, etc.

Sorry for spouting my philosophy
I felt like  getting on my soapbox this snowy Friday afternoon.

Allan

Dr. Allan O'Grady Cuseo (Brother Donogh Allan, MGC)
Bishop Kearney High School Library
125 Kings Highway South
Rochester, New York 14617

585-342 - 4000 x231
585-342 - 4694  (FAX)

acuseo@bkhs.org

Education in the tradition of the Christian Brothers and the School Sisters of
Notre Dame
FAC OMNIA BENE (Do all things well)

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION: The information contained in this
electronic transmission, and any documents attached hereto, may contain
confidential information that is legally privileged and confidential. The
information is intended only for the use of the recipients (s) named above. If you
have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender and delete
the electronic message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any
action in reliance on the contents of the information received in error is strictly
prohibited.