Thanks to everyone for replying. It was so helpful. Here’s what I found after
poking around on Amazon and Follett:

Time Traveling twins series by Diane Stanley- picture books but have a lot to them.

Lincoln's Legacy (Blast to the Past) by Stacia Deutsch (apparently the first of a
series that’s just coming out )

Here are ones sent to me by LM-NET folks. I tried to delete the
repetitions—Everyone mentioned Time Warp Trio:

Magic School Bus

Pee Wee Scouts books by Delton, the Horrible Harry books by Suzy Kline, the Kids at
the Polk Street School by Giff, the Cam Jansen books by David Adler, the Time Warp
Trio by Scieszka? Steven Krensky has written some short historical fiction: The
Printer's Apprentice (about Zenger), etc.

Horrible Harry (my daughter has informed me that she only likes MTH and Horrible
Harry chapter books, no others please!), Bailey School Kids, and Secrets of Droon.

Has he read the companion nonfiction books? My students like these as much as the
fiction.

Secrets of Droon by Tony Abbott Zack Files by Dan Greenburg JIgsaw Jones by Prellar
A-Z Mysteries by Ron Roy

Marvin Redpost by Louis Sachar and a little higher: Box Car Children by Warner Chet
Gecko by Bruce Hale Also, there are some great lower level sports books by Matt
Christopher

Zack Files Marvin Redpost

Cam Jansen Bailey School Kids

Some people commented on the spelling of Scieszka. Reminds me that in another life
I worked for the Department of the Interior in Washington for 11 years. I learned
to spell Albuquerque but not Dzilth-na-o-dith-hle (on the Navajo rez)

Mary Walter
Librarian
Jamestown Elementary
Arlington VA