My principal asked me to find information on distance  learning.  Our high
school wants to offer  some kind  of distance learning program to students for
languages-primarily Asian  languages like Japanese, Chinese, Korean.  They are
thinking of a  program that would be based in the high school with a teacher
overseeing  the classes-although not teaching the material.  But they really
have no  firm idea of how to approach this type of learning.  So I am looking
for information about anyone (a college or other institution anywhere) that
offers distance learning programs in the languages that our students could take
classes from.  Also I am looking for information from any high school or
middle school that has set up their own distance learning-either on their  own
somehow or through a college.  Any help or direction on how to pursue  this
would be greatly appreciated.  I did find on the web that the  Philadelphia School
District has set up a distance learning program through a TV  channel for
elementary and middle school students to take Chinese-is anyone  out there from
Philadelphia and can tell me who to contact for more information  about this
program?  I will post a HIT with any replies.
Thank you in advance for your help- I am lost on this one!
Diane Mustin
Librarian
Unionville High School
Kennet Square, PA