Please excuse the cross postings:

I spoke with  AASL Past President Fran Roscello and
her daughter Annemarie today. Fran's husband Walt is
recovering from 8 hours+ of surgery and has a new
heart!

His was failing enough that they would have done the
equivalent surgery today to put in a heart pump but a
suitable donated heart became available late last
night and he went into surgery at 3:15am. They hadn't
seen him yet when I talked to them but did get the
word from the surgeon that the new heart is beating
strongly.

As most of you know, he's not been well since early
fall but, by summer, will be hale and hearty. He's
been disabled for about 10 years because of a heart
virus that happened while they were in Miami for the
ALA Conference so this will be the proverbial "new
lease on life."

What good news as we head into a weekend!  Best, Sara Johns

=====
Lake Placid Middle/Senior HS LMC
250 Main Street
Lake Placid, NY 12946
518-523-2474, ext. 4132
FAX: 518-523-4861
johns@northnet.org
SaraKJohns@aol.com

"Information is the currency of democracy." -- Thomas Jefferson