Hello everyone.  I am trying to put together a
Community Reading Day for my K-5 school this year.
The principal has made two requests - that they books
all revolve around a theme and that they can be read
in one sitting (no chapter books).

I have picked rumors and expaneded it to include
gossip.  Do you have any suggestions for titles that
fit the above criteria and fit in the age range (I
especially need good ones for the older grades).

The ones I have come up with on my own are:
What Lies on the Other Side?; Armadillo Tattletale;
Snarlyhissopus; Wild Wombat; The Rumor : A Jataka Tale
from India; and the Big, Bad Rumor.  Madonna's "Mr.
Peabody's Apples" would have been a great one for
older students, but I shared that with them several
months ago.

I also wouldn't mind suggestions of other good themes
to use and/or titles to go with them.  If rumors and
gossip don't work out, I might pick a different theme
or there is always next year.

Thank you very much.  I appreciate any help you can
give in advance.

Kaline Goodrich, LMS
Hermon Elem. & Middle Schools
Hermon, ME
kaline369@yahoo.com

Knowledge is free at the library. Just bring your own container.   - Unknown

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!