An elementary school librarian recommended some graphic novels to me,
among others she listed Bone.  I just read a post in our state-wide
school library list that it has lots of characters smoking and has
some off-screen nudity.   I know there are some picture books in
graphic format (James Stevenson, for example) and I have one on black
history (Tommy Timetraveler or something like that, I'm at home right
now.)  We have some classics like Shakespeare and mythology in that
format too, cannot remember who did it, Marsha someone.

Can anyone offer recommendations of graphic novels for a K-4 school?

Thanks!
Will post hit if requested.
--
Johanna Halbeisen, Library Media Teacher
Woodland Elementary School (K-4)