Here is information on LCD projectors in a medium price range. Thanks
for all the help. Hope this helps some of you. Good luck.

  I can't give you a model number (the one I bought does better with at
least
one blind closed); but Troxell is the company I bought it from and they
were
very reasonable and great to work with.

Take a look at the NEC VT650 and the reviews on this page.
http://www.projectorcentral.com/NEC-VT650-user-reviews.htm
I have 5 of these in my school and they have worked well.  The lamp for

them is in the $400.00 range, but the initial [rice should be in the
$1500.00 range.

We have 4 Epson's at my school, work well, but a note of caution.
Check out
the price of replacement bulbs with each projector you consider.  Our
replacement cost is $350/ bulb and while the catalog says they should
each run 1500
hrs., I have only gotten between 90-200 hrs before they died.  Now some
can't be
used because there is no $ for replacement bulbs.

We have both Eiki's and Epson's in our school.  Th Espons get the most
use & have held up well - in use since Jan. 2004.  Whatever brand you
get, purchase one with the highest lumens you can afford.  I think
that
1500 lumens would be the minimum for the room you describe, but I'd
try
to get more than that.  With the money you have, you should be able to
get a good projector with lots of lumens. Good luck.

I wish I could mail you one dozen of our
extras...........however........spend your money on an InFocus (brand
name)
I feel that they have a model that will meet your needs.

I just bought an NEC VT 670 for my school library which has banks of
windows on 2 sides.   I was checking it the other day with the
fluorescent library lights on and it looked bright enough.   I believe
it would fall in your price range.  It might be one model you check
out.

I have Epsons in my building.  They are easy to use and seem to be
fairly dependable.  Only drawback, replacement bulbs cost $350.00.
You
might want to check this replacement cost out before your purchase
equipment.  Also, check your local REMC to see if they offer data
projectors through bid pricing for your church.  We purchased our
systems very resonably in this method.

WE really like Boxlight projectors, and they are very reasonably
priced.

George Anne Draper, Librarian
Wynne High School, Wynne, AR
gdraper@wynne.k12.ar.us